- I have that friend who makes me laugh, even with his super lame jokes. He's willing to listen to any rant I have, and then give me the advice that I already know in my heart is right. He's honest about his struggles with God, but is making every effort to further his relationship with Christ. He treats his girlfriend of two years like a queen, and he wears really awesome graphic t's. I love this friend.
- I have that friend from another state who sometimes says words funny. It's hard to ever find her in a bad mood, as she is a very solid person who is very easy going and relaxed. She has strong opinions which are always.... funny.... to hear, because she's not very loud at all, so when she becomes riled up, her wit and her verbal blows to whatever subject that is under fire, comes as a wonderful surprise. She really hates College Algebra, and the joy that comes over her when she talks about or is in the process of talking to her boyfriend back home is magnificent. I love this friend.
- I have that friend who I see everyday, but don't necessarily hang out with that much. She's incredible though, and is one of the most giving people I've ever met. She has a strong will and a drive to succeed that you don't see in many freshman. She loves her family, and you can always tell, even when she's complaining about them. I love this friend.
- I have that friend who things are shaky with. We used to be the closest of anyone, but then things happened and now we're not so close anymore. Things are getting better, but there is still a lot of muck between us. But she is such a strong girl, and she has her heart in the rightest of right places for the most part. She's dedicated, talented, and passionate. Despite the hard times, the trials, the emotional separation, and the new annoyances which definitely go both ways, I love this friend.
- I have that friend who never fails to put a smile on my face. She only likes me for my straightener (hahahaha) but hey, that straightener IS awesome. She has a unique personality to match her unique name, and although she'll be nervous, she's never afraid to stand out of the crowd. She's kind of boy-crazy, but not in an annoying way. She's more adorable and anything, really, and whenever anything dramatic happens, we always end up telling each other. I love this friend.
- I have that friend who's new in comparison to everyone else. He's probably smarter than basically anyone I've ever known, and yeah, he definitely has some geeky qualities. His obsession with Harry Potter is... uh... extreme? But at least he admits that Pokemon was a lame thing of the past. We're beasts when we're Trivia team partners, (but if we would listen to each other's first instincts, we would be even more beast.) He has such a caring and a sincere heart, for Christ and for others. He builds me up, and cares when I'm sad. We get along so well already, and he lets me indulge my secret inner nerd-side a bit. I love this friend.
- I have that friend who's bitter, loud, sarcastic, and awesome. Whenever one of us is in a bad mood, the other can always tell. We make each other talk. He's deeper than most people give him credit for, although that's not completely their faults because he acts pretty immature at times (and he knows it). But the serious talks that the two of us have had, have helped me to grow so much already. He's supportive and honest, and pretty open if you force him to be. He's already helped me through SO much, and he makes a really awesome "Sermonator" (Espresso + Chocolate). I love this friend.
- I have that friend who interests me to a level that I had never known was possible. He always manages to be the center of attention with his crazy antics, hilarious quips, and silly facial expressions, but he doesn't specifically go after that attention because he feels like he needs it. Quite often, he isn't even aware that someone is paying attention to what he's doing. He's just himself, and that's a wonderful thing. He definitely still acts like a little kid most of the time, but his heart is sold out to the Savior. Although he still has a lot of growing up (and yes, maturing) to do, I can already tell that God is going to use him in some ridiculously inspiring and beautiful ways. I have so much respect for this friend, and even though I've only known him for about 4 months, he's honestly become one of my very best friends here. He doesn't know that, though. (Well, if he reads this, then he does now. Haaa.) No matter what my role in this friend's life is, I'm so blessed to at least know him and be a part of it. I love this friend.
The people who God has already placed around me in my first semester at college have laughed with me, cried with me, challenged me, and inspired me. I care so much for each person, and would pretty much do anything for them. I'm so excited to see how our relationships grow in the future, not only with each other but with God. We will all go through rough times, whether that be as a group or as individuals, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still great friends with all of them come graduation. I'm so thankful for these people. I love my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment