Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Favorites.

Me with Mr. T
  1. Target. Brownwood doesn't have one, and the closest location is over an hour away. Being able to shop at Target over the break (twice!) was definitely exciting. What a great store.
  2. Sleep. I never realize exactly how much sleep I don't get at school, until I catch up on it. After going to bed at 1:30 AM and waking up at 2:00 PM, I think I might need to start making sleep more a priority. Plus it's fun.
  3. Dinosaurs (unexpected stops). I've said it before, I'll say it again: sometimes life doesn't go as planned. But that makes it more interesting. I think, or hope, that most of the time, it's God intervening and saying "here, it's not what you think you want, but this is waaaaay better!" Driving home for spring break was an adventure, to say the least. Memories were made which I'll be telling my own kids whenever they're leaving for spring break.
  4. Free Samples. Who doesn't love free samples? Central Market, you never disappoint me (except when you didn't have any cheese samples out. That was upsetting. I'm still upset.)
  5. Whataburger. Corpus Christi was the home of the first Whataburger in 1950. Originally located in a shack across the street from what is now Del Mar College, the burgers were sold out of window for only 25 cents. I don't really eat at Whataburger often, but Kendyl and I couldn't help but stop at "Whataburger by the Bay" when we were looking for a place to eat a late lunch once we arrived in Corpus. It's a two-story building, and probably the cleanest Whataburger establishment I have ever been in. Sitting on the upper-level, we ate our yummy food (most delicious Whataburger I've ever been to, also) and got a little bit of a show. Some people were sitting outside (bad idea when you're next to the ocean: seagulls) and having to shoo away the birds from their food. After multiple attempts which consisted of merely yelling at the winged creatures, a young man stood up and started chasing them. This definitely got the birds to fly away, but not before one of them defecated on him.
  6. Beach Shops. One summer I would like to move to the beach and work in a beach shop. The t-shirts and bracelets and sunglasses and towels are the same in almost every single location you walk in, but they're just so much fun and they really bring out a summer-like atmosphere. I actually forgot yesterday that we're only here on spring break, and not for an actual summer vacation.
  7. Kendyl Moore. As far as I know, Kendyl doesn't read my blog. But I'm not writing this for her to see, am I? Kendyl has been my constant this spring break. She came home with me, she rode to corpus with me, she went on a midnight snack run to Burger King last night with me, and now we're both in the condo getting ready to "beach it up", while the other members of our vacation group are already outside. Kendyl is wise and funny. She's calculated and not fickle. She has a beautiful heart, full of passion for the Savior. Together we watch Gilmore Girls, imagine what it would be like to marry in to the royal family, design Nike Shoes, and talk about life in general. She may seem quiet, but when you get to know her she definitely becomes more out-going. She's not out to impress anyone, she knows who she is and she doesn't need the approval of others. That's probably what I respect the most about her. Also, the fact that when she does decide to speak in serious situations, you know it's going to be something worth listening to. I love Kendyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment