Family... Friends... The Ability to Breathe... A House... Clothes... A Job...
These are the things that everyone and their dog claims to be thankful for. But seriously, ARE you thankful for them?
More personally, am I truly thankful for them? Not to be fatalistic and depressing, but can anyone truly understand how much they should appreciate something, before that blessing is gone?
All throughout the Bible there are verses (especially in Psalms) about giving thanks to God, for He is good. All of our blessings, whether or not we actually appreciate them, are given to us by God. Perhaps appreciation grows by giving the thanks that we have been commanded to give :) This makes sense, I mean, if you don't even recognize something as a gift, as something that you actually have no right to have on your own, why WOULD you be appreciative of it?
Through offering thanks to God, he gives us TRUE thanks. Something about that idea is really awesome to me. Maybe it's the fact that even our ability to appreciate something is completely God-given.
The more time that passes, the more I think God reveals to me that there isn't anything He can't do for me, better than I could ever imagine doing myself. He takes away the pressure :)
Colossians 3:17 - "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."
No comments:
Post a Comment